Writing for SEO can often seem like a daunting task. To make things a little easier, here's a quick digest of some in depth research into what drives the highest click though rates in organic search.
- Position is all important. Higher position = higher CTR
- Title tags that contain a question have a higher CTR
- Title tags between 15 to 40 characters have the highest CTR
- URLs that contain a keyword have a higher click through rate
- Adding “Power Words” to your title tag may decrease your CTR. Power words are things like Secret, Powerful, Ultimate, Perfect, Best, Insane, Amazing
- Emotional titles may improve your CTR. Anything with a positive or negative sentiment (an opinion)
- Writing meta descriptions for your pages results in a higher CTR