Delivering a digital tool for Skipton Building Society to make financial advice more accessible
Create awareness and raise the profile of Skipton Building Society's Financial Advice proposition.
Skipton Building Society are on a mission to make financial advice accessible to more people. They want to engage with an audience who wouldn’t normally consider financial advice, and they know that during lockdown many people have been worried about their personal financial situations—both now and for the future.
The Creode team of planners, designers, copywriters and developers worked collaboratively with the marketing, product, digital and compliance teams at Skipton. We created a tool that could be optimised, then repurposed and used on other media partner websites, becoming a key asset in Skipton’s digital marketing activity and engagement strategy
If you don’t have a financial adviser, how do you know you need help?
Thinking about the state of your finances now, or what your retirement might look like might feel like a scary and complicated subject. So, we simplified their perceived personal situations and helped people make sense of their own circumstances, by asking them questions about their life now and the life they might want in the future, within the context of a ‘what next?’ quiz game.
At the end of this they received a summary of where they were, where they needed to be to meet their financial goals and some simple advice on what they should consider if they wanted to change their situation. This positioned Skipton Financial Advice as accessible and friendly experts who can help.
The content has been brought to life by simple and colourful illustration, with animation and microcopy specifically designed to signpost pathways and nudge customers into making positive decisions about their money www.skiptonfinancialfitness.co.uk
The tool has been promoted across all of Skipton’s paid and owned media channels.
Customers have become more emotionally engaged with our ‘gamified’ message and understood and bought into the financial milestones they could work towards.
During the soft launch over 13k people clicked through and looked at the first page which showed the tool.
- 34% went on to interact with the tool
- 74% of people who answered the first questions went on to complete the tool
- 12% of users who landed on the results page took action by either signing up to the newsletter, requesting a callback with a financial advisor or contacted Skipton via phone
- 4% of users that landed on the results page requested a call back with a financial adviser
- During the 4 months that we have had active campaigns running to promote the tool, we have generated 25% more leads than the target.
2 months after the tool went live, Skipton carried out research with 600 customers to gain
- Over 50% of participants said it had a positive influence on their choice to talk to Skipton about Financial advice
- Overall there was a 34% NET impact on consideration.
Do you have a Digital project?
So, we’ve designed and developed Skipton Building Society’s Digital Financial Fitness tool.
Can we help you with your next project?
The tool was exceptionally well received within Skipton and considered a huge success.Skipton Building Society
Thirst for more
See more of our work
Show-stopping design and Drupal dev
A PERFECT MODEL OF ECOMMERCE AND UX