We are looking for a full-time PHP developer with a minimum of 3 years commercial web development experience to join the team at our Leeds based office.
We are keen to hire someone that is passionate about the web, with excellent knowledge of PHP and experience with object-oriented programming. Knowledge of best practices is important, as is the desire to share these with team members through paired working, code reviews and mentoring.
A solid understanding of the industry and the latest technologies/trends is key, as your responsibility will cover a wide range of clients, across many sectors. You will be involved in the planning of projects, including task breakdown and estimations and will work independently or as part of a team-based on project size, scope and priority.
Our ideal candidate will display a willingness to learn new skills and technologies and to help spread these ideas amongst the development team. We look to automate ‘the boring stuff’ where possible, and to this end we build and maintain our own tools for development environments and backup restoration – you will have the opportunity to suggest and build new tools and to help improve those we already have.
Being a good problem solver with a high level of attention to detail are strong assets for this role. We’re looking for people with a good long term vision and the skills to implement them.
Your general day to day activities will involve:
- Development in PHP using technologies such as WordPress, Magento and Drupal
- Code reviews with members of the development team
- Quoting and planning development tasks
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years commercial experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Working knowledge of Git
- Ability to work on their own and within a team
- Experience in testing using a range of tools and platforms
- Experience with development for online retail
- Frontend development experience
- Knowledge of server management
- Agile experience (Kanban ideally)