We are looking for a full-time front-end developer with agency experience to join the team at our Leeds based office.
We are keen to hire someone that is passionate about the web, with good knowledge of SASS/SCSS, jQuery (other frameworks an advantage), CSS3, HTML5, cross-browser/device compatibility, task runners (gulp and webpack) and responsive layouts.
A solid understanding of the industry and latest technologies/trends is key, as your responsibility will cover a wide range of clients, across many sectors. You will be involved in the planning of projects, including task breakdown and estimations and will work independently or as part of a team based on project size, scope and priority.
Our ideal candidate will display a willingness to learn new skills and technologies and to help spread these ideas amongst the development team. We look to automate ‘the boring stuff’ where possible, and to this end, we build and maintain our own tools for development environments and backup restoration – you will have the opportunity to suggest and build new tools and to help improve those we already have.
Being a good problem solver with a high level of attention to detail is a strong asset for this role. We’re looking for people with a good long term vision and the skills to implement them.
Your general day-to-day duties will include:
• Development of bespoke functionality through custom module development
• Implementation of new ideas and modern technologies
• Code reviews with members of the development team
• Quoting and planning development tasks
The Successful Candidate will have:
• Experience with WordPress, Shopify and/or Craft CMS
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work on their own and within a team
• Experience in testing using a range of tools and platforms